It’s Our Calling
Dr. Katie started a housecall business in 2007 and soon realized that families needed support throughout the decision making and home euthanasia process. Often the needs developed suddenly, and she needed to be available on short notice and on weekends. She started to envision a business model where veterinarians could offer peaceful home euthanasia, and assist families with a final act of caring. She founded Journeys Home and started her search for compassionate veterinarians who felt, as she did, a call to help people through one of the most difficult times of their lives. Dr. Catie and Dr. Laura are those veterinarians, and we all support the following principles:
- Home euthanasia is the way we can most help and serve pets and their families. We can help people feel comfortable expressing their grief in losing a pet.
- Our 2-step protocol is the best way to help the pets we serve to pass peacefully.
- Pets should leave their life in familiar, comfortable surroundings with the family they love at their side.
- The final moments of a pet’s life are precious and the family deserves to spend those moments with their pet privately without the curious glances of strangers wondering what is going on.
- It is important to help families express their grief, guilt, and profound sense of loss in losing a pet.
We feel it is both a privilege and an
honor to help pet families with
“A Final Act of Caring.”